Welcome to the Ryver Product Ideas forum!
We pride ourselves on constantly improving Ryver based on customer feedback. Here, you can view and vote on the current list of feature ideas, or add your own idea if you don't see it.
For immediate support...
Go to https://support.ryver.com and click the Chat tab in the lower left. You can also request help from inside the Ryver application via the Send Feedback link in the top drop-down menu in the nav bar.
One of the main draws of Ryver is the unlimited storage of past Chats and Posts. But what good are they if you can't find them when you need them? I'd like a nice little search results interface that lets me filter or sort the search results. In effect, searching WITHIN the search results.
- Currently there's no way to assign a task to a User when creating a Task in Personal Tasks or in Direct Messages. You can do that only from Teams and Forums (VERY BAD!!!). You should be able to assign tasks to any users from ANYWHERE on Ryver.
- The Ryver /task command only brings up the task creation form popup. It would be much better if using the /task command you could:
- Assign the task to one of more @users and have the asignees already appear in the task creation form once you press Enter.
- Write the Subject of the Task and have it already appear in the task creation form once you press Enter.
- Write the due date in Plain English (Friday 11:35 am, in 2 days, in 3 weeks, in 4 hours, etc) and have the due date already assigned in the task creation form once you press enter.
- Have the user pick a default due date (could be, for example, "Tomorrow 9 am" or "Tomorrow same time" and whenever no date info is entered in the command, have Ryver auto-assign the default due date.
- Once a Task is created, Ryver only gives a confirmation that such task was created if it was created in the user's own chat section and not when a task is created in a team of forum. And the confirmation is not editable. Instead, confirmations should:
- ALWAYS appear wherever you are. If on another users chat, it should appear but stating "only visible to you". In Forums or Teams it could appeare normally so everybody sees it.
- Should have the option to edit the task. You should be able to quickly assign to other users, change title, change description, change due date, etc, etc.
Examples of a very useful Ryver Task creation command would be:
- /task @user1 in 3 days SujectOfTheTask
- /task @user1 @user2 in 4 hours SubjectOfTheTask
- /task @user3 next Thursday SubjectOfTheTask
- /task @user4 the first Monday of next month SubjectOfTheTask
A to-do list and personal reminders are a must for me. I use these two functions currently with Slack's in-house bot daily. It keeps everything i need to know in one central place. These two functions and the Google Drive integration are the only reasons I haven't fully switched over from Slack. Looking forward to growing with you!!
Each user should be able to create groups in their list. If i have 100 people in my list, it would be EXTREMELY helpful to be able to group these people by department. Sales, Support, etc instead of having a never ending list. Being able to expand/collapse these would be ideal as well.
A user currently has 4 options for their status: Available, Away, DND, and Offline. Please add custom message descriptions to these options. Perhaps I am Available but working remotely. Or I'm in a meeting, or on a phone call. Our staff rely heavily on custom descriptions with our current messaging platform, and this is a major loss when switching to Ryver.
Building on this request, please make a few changes to the DM List display:
- Allow filtering of DM by who's online
- Display the custom status messages descriptions in the DM List
- Collapse the DM list into fewer lines. Maybe the @ name is on the same line as the display name.
I have 30 Teams and a bunch of Users. So when I hear "bling!" notifying me I've got a new something, I have to scroll all the way down, and all the way back up to see what's been yellowed.
I'd like to collapse the categories and have only new (incoming) messages appear under the collapsed category.
In other words, if I'm running in "Collapse Mode" then I only see this in my sidebar:
Until... voila! A message comes in from Bobby, and the Marketing team posts something. Then I see:
So I click on Bobby's message, read it, and it "un-yellows" itself. Then I click on Marketing.
While I'm replying to Marketing, I see this (because I've already read Bobby's message)
It disappeared again because I'm in Collapse Mode.
I just checked and there are only 38 completed product ideas out of 402 posted. I know it's not easy to spend more money on people, but at the same time, improving the product not only improves the efficiency and power of the current users but also improves the chances of new customers liking Ryver more than Slack or other alternatives.
It would be awesome to have the ability to include inline and displayed maths in chat and posts.
The ability to create new /commands which would be seamlessly incorporated with the built-in set. For example, you might set up a command with parameters that takes the form (say):
/trello [task name] @[person] +[tag]
which would invoke a web service (provided by the user) which in this case would create a trello task in a board related to the chat forum, and assign user and label.
It would be useful to be able to initiate outbound integrations manually in this way, as a complement to automatic integrations (webhooks), while being much easier to set up than scraping tools (hubot).
Perhaps there's a configuration page in Ryver that lets you define the URL and parameters for the web service, or perhaps it might work in a similar way to the Trello "powerup" function (very flexible, and worth a look on developers.trello.com).
It would be nice to have the ability to add tags to teammates, for example I could add a tag for all guests when working with consultants and then when you need to ask any of them a question I can notify those specific users by typing @guest-tag. When teams get a bit larger it gets a bit inconvenient to @mention all the concerned teammates.
I was thinking that this should be on a team basis but maybe it could be done on the user profile so that it could be used in multiple teams as a tag likely is connected to who you are. Although your role could be different in different teams so that could pose a problem (maybe both features would be better?).
Since a lot of us are using Ryver in a work environment sound is often not an option. So I have noticed that messages often goes unoticed not sure what the main problem is here maybe it's not visible enough, maybe it less noticeable with a multi screen setup.
Either way some options to make notifications more visible would be nice, some ideas:
- Allow change of popup duration
- Allow changing looks of popup
- Enable more incessant blinking for new messages
- Allow bringing Ryver to foreground upon notification
- Allow systray flashing on notification
- Allow notification to be sent as email if message is not read withing a set amount of time (could be useful for other reasons as well)
- Allow execution of a command upon receiving a notification (related separate topic)
Both Slack and Whatsapp desktop clients show the number (or quantity) of unread messages. Ryver doesn't. Very strange. This feature should be easy to add.
Similar to how flowdock allows. They give a custom email address for your flowdock account for every discussion. you can send from any email address and it will create a post
Customer support service by UserEcho